Even though school is starting I am not giving up my favorite warm-weather summer breakfast...
fruit smoothies and homemade granola bars right-from-the-freezer. Healthy and Delicious. Let me tell you, I am addicted.
I just made a triple batch of these wonderful gooey granola bars, cut them in bars and wrapped 2 at a time in plastic wrap and put them in a big Ziploc bag. These are great snacks we grab from the freezer when running out the door or for mid-school-day pick-me-ups.
I love making our fruit smoothies in The Magic Bullet that we hauled here in our suitcase...just to find it on the shelf at Costco in Japan. Sigh. This mess free kitchen gadget is my new favorite and each person can make theirs just how they like. My favorite is unsweetened plain yogurt, homemade mixed berry jam, banana, apple juice and chopped frozen strawberries. Yum.
So bring on that busy fall school schedule, we are ready for ya!
