Monday, July 9, 2012

Have Tea, Will Travel

After sitting at the airport for 6 hours waiting with our stand-by tickets, we rushed through security and immigration to breathlessly sit in the last remaining seats.  Thanks to the pilot who said he'd hold the plane and take the extra weight. (Hey, I don't weigh that much! Well, maybe my suitcase does!)  Thanks Lord for giving us wings to fly over that wide ocean once again.

Warning: Heartfelt endorsement and free commercial below

I just love Starbucks.  Not the chai tea or the crispy muffins (well, I do love those too!) but I love the service.  I often ask for a cup of hot water to make my Earl Grey tea at the airport and they always give it to me piping hot with a smile.  Just enough milk from the StarBucks counter to turn it paint chip kaki and I have a few soothing sips to keep me going.  Those scented tea bags travel with me everywhere in a cozy, homemade pouch (Thanks sis!).    A taste of home-away-from-home makes this homebody a not so weary traveler.