Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2025

Drink tea!! And carry on.

What is it about frothy milk? Well, whatever it is....I'm addicted. There is something about that foamy goodness that literally sweetens a cup of tea. And settles my nerves and heart all at the same time.  I'll have to look into that from a chemical, scientific standpoint, but for now I will just keep sipping...and enjoy every last drop. 

I first started drinking black tea with milk years ago as I rubbed shoulders with my British colleagues. There was always a little pitcher of milk on the snack table.  And there was always a flowing pot of hot tea, even more than a full pot of coffee. So, it seeped in (literally)! Deep into my American bones. Now I am hooked, "Tea with milk please." And if there is no milk, I will politely pass. Why bother? 

Here is where my American-coffee-shop-self merges, realizing that my true UK friends would most likely raise a questioning eyebrow to my mini, handheld frother.  

In a previous post HERE I mentioned traveling with my tea bags. I'm afraid it still continues. Sometimes it has morphed into a mini french press, a bag of loose leaf Earl Grey and a frother that nestles into my carry on suitcase. (Hey, at least I didn't lug along the breakable tea cup!! Pat, pat. pat on back!)

I suppose it is one way that I bring some daily continuity and comfort to wherever I go. In my life, full of travels and transitions, sitting down with a really good cup of tea is a favorite part of the day and helps to sooth away the crazy and chaotic aspects of this global nomad's life.