Saturday, September 24, 2022



I love fall. And it is such a treat to be in the States during autumn. The very simple (and silly!!) privilege of being able to buy caramels and candy corn is something I will never take for granted. I love scrounging the shops for cute seasonal napkins and tea towels. (You could bury me in quant, colorful tea towels and it still wouldn't be too many.) 

Oh course, we are trying to live out a minimalist mindset with our stuff. I can only store bare minimal here in our attic and take bare minimal back in my already-starting-to-fill-with-clothes-and-shoes suitcase. 
Which of course, are much more practical and necesssary than a pumpkin spiced candle. 😉


In the midst of my fall frolicking I am convicted. Hints of greed and selfishness too easily slip into my heart, no matter where I am. Not just on the mission field, but here at home too. I have to be so careful to guard against wanting to make my life as comfy and cushioned as possible. Sure, it's ok to drink in the aroma of fun things and to celebrate the beauty around me, but I have to set my heart and focus back on who and what my life is all about. Jesus and my eternal home in heaven. He is all that satisfies my every longing. And the comfy, cushioned home in heaven He is preparing for me will be more than I could ever imagine. 

You never know, there might just be cool walks under canopies of autumn colors 🍁 and sunny afternoons in a pumpkin patch there as well.