Even though rainy season hasn't officially started we've had several days of rain and another 4 or more to go before the sun is forecasted to shine through those heavy, grey clouds. So when we need to get out and about, I have found rain gear to get me where I need to be.
Here I was covered head to toe...literally. And thankfully it wasn't too warm as this get-up is way to hot once the summer heat sets in. On this particularly day when I needed to leave the house, it was raining buckets with gusts of wind! But I stayed nice and dry.
Just outside our apartment door is this covered bike parking area for the residence of our building. (You can actually see part of our front door to the top, right of the picture, just above the black car.) Even with the partial roof covering, my comfy-squishy seat soaks up the rain. So I always have a plastic bag in my backpack to cover my seat when it's gotten wet.
And look at how these little kids will be riding in style on the back of their mom's bicycle. Warm and dry, protected in their little zip-up plastic bubble.