Friday, September 25, 2020

 A friend's comment from long ago stuck with me, 

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothes." 

This was her reply when I was complaining about getting around in Japan's not-so-pleasant weather. I think of these wise words often. It has propelled me to try to "outfit" our family with clothes that help us bike and walk in rain or shine. 

This hat has done just that. Tim and I bought these recently. We were hesitant as they weren't cheap, but they have already been worth their cost riding my bicycle in the rain and mist.  It is lightweight and water-proof. This morning the rain was pouring down and blowing at me from all sides. I put this hat over my hooded rain poncho...and Voala!! Warm and dry! 

We will continue to hunt for all-weather-friendly gear. It might be a splurge, but it's worth it when it makes our on-foot and by-bike life here in Tokyo doable. 

You've heard me brag about Jansport and Land'sEnd backpacks. They are the best. I have used this one for 2 years and it has just started to get a few holes in the seams. But no worries, as it has a life-time warranty. I will just pop it in the mail and they'll send me a new one. Although they might not have this super cute, girly pink corduroy one that my mom lovingly bought me.