Thursday, August 29, 2019

It's my first cup of hot tea in a month. It's been iced drinks up until now to battle August, my dreaded, annual enemy. And I've won as the calendar proclaims the victor. So, a celebratory steamy cup is well deserved. And it is cool enough this morning to enjoy it. A storm outside brings more humidity, but cooler breezes trying to relieve our stuffy apartment and my depleted spirit.

Several isolating floor fans have been my constant companions in combat.  I move them around with me whichever room I am in, including the shower where I start to sweat all over again as soon as I am dry. But the only thing dripping this morning are the eaves of our porch roof.
So I am thankful this morning.
For championing through another Tokyo summer.
For cool rain that fills my missed cup of tea.
For fresh breezes that sweep over my tired soul.
And for God
Who gives refreshment and grace in the difficult seasons of life.