Thursday, February 28, 2019

Don’t you love being sick. I do. It really puts me in my place. Being ill helps me remember that I am not as super-human as my erroneous ego sinfully leads me to believe. It reminds me of my limitations, my frailty. That I am indeed, just dust. A chipped, fragile vessel. 

Being sick is often the avenue God uses to teach me. One of the biggest lessons that I have been learning recently is that God alone is my Healer and Helper. Instead of relying on doctors or medicine or even a good diagnosis, I have to depend on God and cry out to Him to heal me. 

I also need to cry out to Him for help. Help to respond rightly, help to honor Him, help to not let grumpiness and despair seep in. Help to patiently accept and resiliently endure. 

We trust in You. And You deliver. We cry out to You and are saved. 
We trust in You, Lord for You rescue. There is no one to help but You. 
Be not far off, my Strength, come quickly to help me. 
I will declare Your Name and praise You. For You have listened to my cry for help. 
Psalm 22: 4, 5, 8, 11, 19, 24  


You're right. I really don't love being sick. But I do love that it slows me down to learn. It makes realize I can't do it and don't have all the answers. Being sick gives me a chance to re-learn again that I have to humbly come to God and trust Him to help and heal.