Saturday, January 26, 2019



Living overseas you often make food that you would usually just buy at the grocery store. One of those healthy treats for us is granola bars. This tried and true recipe that I got out of a Good Housekeeping magazine years ago is wonderful. It is one of our family's favorite. So much so that I made a double batch for the boys to take with them the morning they flew back to college. 

Even though I often back them in a pan, wrap up each bar and freeze them for an on-the-go-snack; my favorite is right out of the oven. And lately I have been making them in drop-cookie form, since I can make just a few and they cook quickly. They are chewy in the middle and crunchy on the edges. I have been adding walnuts and dried cranberries to mine. I think I will add some white chocolate for an extra yummy breakfast splurge.