Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Our life has seemed extra crazy these last few months. A lot of transitions and a lot of new. A lot of problems and obstacles. A lot of decisions and a lot of adjustments.  These words often describe our daily missionary life, but there are times when the moves, changes, newness and goodbyes rush over me and I am fighting to stay above the flood. The waters start to recede but they leave me weak and weary, trying to recover. 


It is at these times that I go to the Psalms. God's Words speak life and refreshment to my depleated spirit and His Words steady my quivering heart. I am reminded where my focus has to be; not on the storm around me. And not even on how well I am weathering the tempest.  I have to concentrate hard on the One who is unchanging and on Him alone. He is the One who holds me secure and whose Name I know well. He has proved faithful over and over. He will, yet again, enable me and keep me. I will seek Him and find Him to be my needed Strength and Refuge.