As the warm morning sunlight awakens, it's rays fall on brilliant lavender blooms. A whole field of mini trees in dazzling spring purple greet me on a quiet morning walk near our home. Just me, my dog and my camera taking in the season's splendor.
...And a neighborhood granny... who is pedalling her bicycle. She stops to greet me on the quiet street. She mentions that this field has been here for 20 years. I reply that it is beautiful. She asks if I've seen the cheery blossoms along the canal not too far away. I smile and say I have made several trips. An annual pilgrimage I wouldn't miss.
She pauses and speaks from a rare, unguarded heart...the simple phrase is literally translated, "It's a help." Looking at these beautiful blooms brings her help. I smile and bow as she quietly pedals away to probably never be seen again.
As sweet as the conversation was, my heart feels a sadness. I question and muse, "If only she knew the One who made these blossoms is the real giver of help. And His help is always available, not seasonally. His help never fades, dims or blows away; it is steadfast, sure and powerful".
Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
