Discontentment starts to seep in. And it grows, with sharp tentacles squeezing its grip around my wander-lust heart. Just like the Israelites in the book of Numbers, grumbling and complaining. Quick to forget God's mighty acts and the incredible journey, how far His faithfulness had brought them....oh, how far His faithfulness has brought me along this pilgrimage filled with blessings.
Blessings like life-giving, filling Manna. Something so special that God hand-made it just for his beloved people. But I, just like those Israelites, choose in disobedience to wish for meat. Not God's Best. Not His perfect plan. And Not His chosen blessings for me. It seems so mouth watering, but isn't that always the case with the Deceiver's lies. We are enticed with a mirage of the "I wish"s, the "What if"s and the "If only"s. I know that if I got some of that quail between my teeth, it would be bland and tasteless. It would never satisfy. I would start to crave something else, something more.
For God's best is already at my door front. He lovingly sets it out for me each night while I sleep. And in the morning I wake up to His made-to-order blessings, gathered up in my basket to nibble herbal sweetness throughout the day. Just enough. Just right. Gifts from my Creator that fill my heart to satisfaction.
Some days I may not understand what He's given and you might even hear me murmur, "What is this?" But I already know the answer. It is God's best for me today, given in love and goodness. It was given to me by The LORD My God, who brought be out of slavery and has set my feet to walking this road to the Promised Land.

