Thursday, September 10, 2015

Packing...and more packing....

As I was running around the last night in America doing last minute errands and picking up a few things to try to stuff in my suitcase, a friend asked what kinds of things I take back to Japan.   I couldn't answer him on the spot but as I was unpacking my suitcase of "treasures" I made a list just to give you an idea.

Toiletries: toothpaste, contact solution, contacts, make up, face cream, hair ties, hair color, hair serum, etc.
Mosquito repellent
Chewable vitamin C
Medicine: hydrocortisone, cold, allergy, wart, fungal cream, etc.
Decaf Twining's Earl Grey Tea
Candles
Food: granola bars, spices and seasonings, baking soda, baking powder, dry beans, chow mien noodles, peanuts, sunflower seeds, corn syrup, crackers and snacks, cold cereal, etc.
Fabric for quilting and reupholstering furniture
Clothes and shoes
Odds and Ends: shoe polish, sponges, baking pans, picture frames, printed photos

Besides the medicine, vitamin C and mosquito repellent, the rest are extras. But definitely nice to ease up back into life in Japan and treats to make our home cozy and tasty. And worth the cost and hassle of shopping, stuffing (a.k.a packing) and lugging it from shore to shore.

Note to self: Bananas never travel well. By the time I get where I can sit down and eat it, this yellow fruit is a mushy mess and needing to be made into banana bread....when will I learn?