Tuesday, April 22, 2014

still boggles my mind


I guess one of the blessings of living overseas is that you don't take things for granted. I tell ya, people, American life is easy!  This year on home assignment I am daily amazed every time I open my big, fast-service dryer and a huge load of toasty warm clothes tumbles out.  Ahhh.  I  literally smile and sigh with thankfulness.  Oh, the joys of 4 loads of laundry done in one evening.  No concerns for the weather (wondering if rain clouds will roll in and drench my hanging laundry while I am out).  And no concerns of where to hang several loads of damp clothes on the only-so-many  hooks, hangers, and poles inside.  When returning from a trip with suitcases full of smelly socks and shirts it will take me a week, rather than just a day to get caught up!  I am sure every home assignment you will find me singing the praises of my dryer and thanking God for this often overlooked daily blessing!