Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!




 Since we have a house-full of Americans (our family + our sweet college missionary-kid friends working in Japan for the summer), I thought we would have to really do it up for the 4th!  Sweet Rolls of course for a special breakfast.  And since it's been cool enough we've used the extra space of our sun room for lively meals and animated games of Dutch Blitz. 

For fast and furious decorating I just pulled all my red and blue from the house into our living room and sun room.  Then, thanks to an idea from my favorite magazine, I made these easy, no-cost banners from string, bandanas and a hot glue gun.  They add to the festivities along with a fun assortment of throw pillows propped up on each chair.  These cushions add a variety of color and pattern as well as making those hard chairs a little more comfy.