I am so thankful to be a mama today. I love the arrows God has granted me. It's a daily blessing to see God's Hand at work in my son's lives; growing them long, straight and sharp. Readying them for battle is the hard work that He has granted to me for just awhile. I am often tired, impatient; feeling defeated by the enemy who crouches right outside our front door.
Some days that prowling enemy shoots his darts right through an open window. Our sinful flesh and his assaults make a deadly combination. And we succumb to hurtful words and angry looks. We don't bother donning our armor and set down our re-enforced shield, we forget to sing our songs of deliverance and soon become clear targets to the opposite side. Irritation at each another and frustration at ourselves throws us off from our commanded objective and we fight with the wounded battle buddy next to us instead of the real opposition.
On most days though, inside is a safe haven, a surrounding shield from the fiery darts. God has filled this bunker with His love and light and joy and laughter. A short respite from the fight, we rest for a spell, try to recover, and prepare anew for the next day's dangerous labors. We cheer each other's victories and encourage each other through imminent defeats.
I am so thankful for this quiver. The time I have with these not-so-little warriors is flying by. One soldier has already been deployed, the others soon to follow. So I kneel again today, humbled and weary and ask for continued help and wisdom to carry out my duty well today; to be a mother who is purposefully equipping, only for His Glory and only by His grace.

