We've had 2 good sized earthquakes in the last 2 days. Enough to unsteady me. The "big one" just a year ago doesn't feel so very long ago.
I realized that I still fear my world rocking. Not so much the actual earth moving under my feet, although that in itself is enough to put me on edge, but the fear of being stranded. Our family being stranded and someone not able to get home with the trains stopped. Or our family being stranded without the needed water and food. Both concerns we faced last year at this time.
Oh, to have bigger faith in my Big God.

He is not surprised by anything.
The earth does't move without His capable Hand holding it steady, holding me steady.
He spoke encouragement and comfort to my heart in Zephaniah 3, "You will fear disaster no more...for I will quiet you with My Love."