Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beautiful feet...well, super-cute shoes at least

I bought a pair of shoes today. That might not seem like a big deal, but here in Japan it is hard to find shoes that fit. Notice the size is "Triple Large". Tim, with his size 13 shoe, of course, can't buy shoes here and even our boys with their fast-growing-teenage-feet have a hard time getting shoes big enough. We usually have a few suitcases full of shoes that we bring across the ocean, but it is hard to plan ahead with needed sizes and styles.
In Tokyo I walk everywhere and find that I need very comfortable shoes. Practical wins out over cute here on this side of the sea. I am always on the look out for shoes that come off easily (since we take our shoes off Japanese-style at the front door) but stay on well (when I ride by my bike...hate to loose a shoe in the middle of a busy intersection...my missionary friend has a story she could tell you about that) and are comfortable to walk several miles. Care to walk a mile in my shoes?