With 5 of us traveling, we get 10 pieces of checked luggage plus a carry on each. Since we have been buying clothes all year we already have over 4 bins full. See this post HERE. We get the biggest sized RubberMaid style bins that are allowed and then pack them to the full 55 pound weight limit.
It was a job with piles of clothes and shoes all over the floor as I listed each item so we would know what we had packed and where. We still need a few pairs of shoes, but I think we are doing well to semi "outfit" ourselves for the next four years. I am hoping we will only need a suitcase each when we pack up at the end, otherwise we will have to somehow figure out how to to send a few extra boxes. (We used to send boxes surface mail, but now you can only send them air mail which is too expensive.) I found it really draining trying to make wise decisions of what was worth taking space and weight in our limited baggage. Whew. Thanks Lord, "Stage 1" of prepacking complete!