
I came across my old Bible I had in high school today. I was going through the many boxes and bins in our garage that I had convenietly ignored the past few weeks. You'd think with all the organizing and packing we do, I'd be a pro. Unfortunately not. What to keep? What to toss? It's so hard to decide. Even though I am an "action" person deemed a "tosser" by other missionary friends, I hesitate. And sigh. Baby clothes, old report cards...my old Bible. I think because of our rootlessness and transient life, it is hard for me to toss these few, tangible links with the past. With it's colorfully marked pages and loopy handwriting of years ago, it reminds me of who I am; impressioned with God's Hand and calling on my life.
After debating, I reluctantly pack it in the "go through next home assignment" box. In 4 years this whole senario will be repeated, I will pull it out and reminisce. I will try to toss it, but will probably pack it back up to store...again.