It feels like the DELETE button on my life has been pushed over and over and over.
And then the PAUSE button.
I am slowly resurfacing from the whirlwind and am still catching my breath, as I sit, along with you, in the waiting room. I am trying to figure out how to do life and family in this strange new environment with tiredness, concern and uncertainties my new, constant, un-welcomed companion.
In the midst of the disappointments and losses, God's Word, full of beauty and goodness, brings hope and healing. His Word speaks peace and calm to the chaos around me.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
God has already given me what I need to live out these strange days when I feel fed up or lonely or needing space. When I so wish to connect and yet have to grieve losses, separations and changed plans.
I have not been given a spirit of fear. Sometimes I think that is what I am already stuck with. But it's not. That is a temptation from the enemy. It's not who I am or whose I am or what I have in Christ. As God's precious, purchased and protected child, I have already been given power and love and a sound mind.
I have the power I need to live the limits of this day; strong and steady, faithful and faith-filled. The power of the Risen Christ living in and through me. I have the love I need for those around me as I put them first and respond in grace and giving. I have a sound mind that is sure and steady; a mind surrounded by peace and stayed on Jesus.
So in the gloom and overcast, in the midst of the storm clouds that threaten, I will remember who I am and what I have. And I will continue to look to the beauty of God's promises and claim the truths written in His Word that brighten each day.



