I just got back from a week in Singapore. I always appreciate seeing Japan again for the first time. Coming off the plane and walking into the airport, the bright lights and cleanliness always surprises me, along with the how organized everything is and how quiet everyone is. Japan feels quite different than the other Asia countries I had recently traveled through.
As I arrived at Narita Airport I snapped some shots with my phone. I was surprised to see these advertisement posters as I walked to immigration. "Really, Japan?". "Do you want posters of fancy, electronic toilets greeting your visiting travelers?". Hmmmm. I guess so. Nothing says "Japan" like buttons and sprays on the toilets.
We are now residents of the prefecture of Chiba. We see this cute little dog everywhere. He is the shape of our prefecture and called "Chiba Kun". Too cute.
We live a convenient train ride to Narita Airport. If we time it right, we can stay on 1 train the whole way and arrive in just 1 hour. This beautiful, kimono-clad young woman was waiting for her train along with me. Japan is all about beauty.
It was great to feel like I was home. Yep, gotta love Japan!


