Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Free Indeed


I love being in America for Memorial Day weekend.  Summer is in the air.  I love the flags lining our downtown streets all summer.  I love flip-flops and pink-painted toes.  I love friend's pools and chocolate-chip-mint ice-cream in a cone.  I love the sound of sprinklers and lush green grass.  I love BBQed hamburgers and potato salad at a friend's house and chatting late into the night with no school the next morning.


 I love to be free. 
Our country is so blessed with freedom.  
We are so blessed with the rich, meaningful heritage of those who have bravely sacrificed. 
A knot is tight in my throat as I walk around this cemetery of those who have died. 
Many who gave their lives for a freedom. 
A freedom I so often take for granted.


So while I pray for a Christian Sudanese mother waiting to be executed and a Christian Chinese father serving 20 years in prison, I thank God for the freedom I have to believe. For the freedom to  proclaim the One in who I believe in.

I will thank the true Giver of freedom and the One who has set me free.
I am free from the bondage of sin and death. 
I have freedom to do what is right and good. 
My mind is free from lies and my heart is free from guilt.  

"And you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you Free."
John 8:32