Well, not as big as The Big One...but big enough to get me out of bed, wake the kids and head downstairs. The land of Japan has experienced something like 920 earthquakes since The Big One on March 11, just about a month ago.
My friend from church just e-mailed me about feeling frightened during that last quake. It frightened me too. My sweet husband who grew up used to earthquakes in Southern California isn't too bothered. He smiles and says, "That was a good one". I, on the other hand, jump up in a panic with my heart racing and try to scoot everyone out the door; anywhere feels safer to me than sitting in a rattling room. (I am thankful to be on the 1st floor though. My heart goes out to our Japanese friend who lives on the 9th floor of a big apartment building which litterally sways back and forth.)

Lord of all creation
Of water, earth and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on high
God of wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty
(Precious Lord, reveal Your heart to me)
You are holy, holy
Lord of heaven and earth
Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
And as I stumble through the darkness
I will call Your name by night
Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth
Of water, earth and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on high
God of wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty
(Precious Lord, reveal Your heart to me)
You are holy, holy
Lord of heaven and earth
Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
And as I stumble through the darkness
I will call Your name by night
Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth
What a wonderful reminder the Lord gave me that morning. So often I forget how big my God is. I forget that He holds this earth that He made in His Hands. He knows each time it shakes and is never cuaght off guard or surprised. What a blessing I have as a beloved and safe child of my big God to rest in protective care.