Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still Waiting

A few weeks ago I hit "rock bottom". I spent most of the day in tears. I was overwhelmed by questions that filled my head. "What if our support doesn't come in? What if we have to stay another year here in the States? What kind of temporary jobs could we get to tide us over? If we stayed here too long, wouldn't we start to loose our financial support?"

We have been WAITING for God for 6 months now...praying daily for Him to bring in our needed financial support. It still seems humanly impossible, yet we really know God is clearly leading us back to Japan.

One aspect of our missionary life is that God writes our paychecks. Litterally.

As missionaries with a "Faith Mission" we pray and trust God to move in the hearts of indiviuals and churches to give to God's work in Asia. We pray God will give those we meet a desire to be prayer and financial parters with us so that we can be in Japan sharing Jesus. We don't ask for money, but quietly pray while we share all the great things God is doing in Japan.

Sometime I secretly wish we just had a regular 9 to 5 job with a steady paycheck. But, God has called us to this life of faith. He has put us in this possition of HAVING to trust Him; having to wait. There is no better place to be. We are continually so humbled to be receivers. And it definetly makes life exciting and our family is so blessed to experience God in a real way.

This past week as I was studying Isaiah, God brought such encouragement and peace to my troubled heart; speaking words to me that I so needed to hear.
We are just where He wants us. Waiting. Waiting for Him. And He, as well, is waiting. He is longing to show us His compassion and to be gracious to us, to bless our trust in Him.

Isaiah. 30:18
"Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you,
He rises up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for Him."